Pupil's Pass

A recent change in Immigration Law now requires all non-Kenyan students, from Pre-K to University, to have an annually renewable Pupil's Pass. Children with a Dependent's Pass through their parents are no longer exempt unless their parent(s) has Diplomatic status.

The process for obtaining a Pupil’s Pass has also changed. Effectively immediately, all applications are processed online by the Immigration Office and not through ISK. The new Immigration Services website will guide you through the process. Just click this link to go to the site.

The new website will help you complete the necessary forms and explain how to pay the KES 5,000 (in cash) to make the pass valid for 1 year or a Banker’s Check of KES 10,000 to make it valid for 2 years. Checks are to be made out to the Principal Secretary Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.

The website will ask you to upload a cover letter from ISK verifying your child’s enrollment, copies of school reports which you should submit copies but stamped by the school and the School's Certificate of Registration. Contact the divisional office of your child/children to obtain these. Elementary – esmail@isk.ac.ke, Middle School – msmail@isk.ac.ke and High School at hsmail@isk.ac.ke.

Please feel free to contact me should you have questions or require any further information.

Kind Regards,

Fareen Lalani-Butt